The Authentic Recipe of Pasta Carbonara
Carbonara pasta is one of the most classic and popular dishes of Italian cuisine. Plus, it's easy to do and is always a winning option. Here's the recipe!
✔️ 200 gr of bacon or bacon: €3.00
✔️ 4 eggs: €0.40
✔️ 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese: €2.00
✔️ Salt and black pepper to taste: €0.05
Total ingredient costs: €6.80
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small cubes and fry in a skillet until golden brown and crisp.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add the pancetta to the pan. Stir to mix well.
- Add the egg and cheese mixture to the pasta and mix everything quickly so that the eggs cook with the residual heat of the pasta. Make sure the pasta is hot for the eggs to cook.
- Serve hot with more grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Tip: For an extra touch, add a little white wine to the pancetta before mixing with the pasta.